Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Anyone who reads this probably already knows that we have a new family member. "K" is a two month old baby girl who joined us a month ago. This is our first venture into foster parenting, and I think this is a pretty ideal situation as far as fostering goes. She's a very low maintenance baby, and she's a good sleeper. I can't really say too much about the circumstances because of confidentiality issues, but this is for sure about as warm and fuzzy as you can get when dealing with a child in placement. We know that she'll be with us until the end of this month, and we'll see where things go after that. I'm sure once I have time, I'll have some reflections on what it's like to care for someone else's baby, but right now, I'm focusing on not maiming her or the other kids.
No time for more detailed updates, so here are some kid pics. (I can't include pics of K, which is too bad, b/c she was TOO CUTE in her Easter dress.)

Lucie likes age-inappropriate toys.

Josiah's first sweet potatoes.

Easter! Nana made the outfits. Duh.

3 comments:

Mrs. Sara said...

K was pretty ridiculous in her Easter dress. And those pictures of Lucie with the egg kill me every time.

Anonymous said...

Alli, I read your blog and I didn't know about K. Right on!!! I'm so excited for you guys! What a blessing you are in her sweet little life.

Annette

Alli said...

Thanks, Netta. She's probably going home soon. She'll be missed!