Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I'm going to ask the Wizard for a heart, because brains don't make one happy

I've been super busy these last few weeks working on the eighth grade play, but we finished up last week, and I can now resume my normal pattern of TV watching, internet browsing, and bonbon eating. I've also been cake decorating like mad, and I've posted a few on the cake site.
Lucie was "helping" me decorate the Cars cake yesterday, and I made the mistake of getting a bit too engrossed in my work. As any parent of a toddler knows, they like to repeat things, and quite often they choose to repeat sayings that make no sense to the average adult mind. I was busy mixing up some frosting, and I heard Lucie giggling and saying, "Funny butter!" over and over. I finished the icing and looked over to see what she was so loopy about. I wish I had looked up a bit sooner, because she had picked up one of the softened sticks of margarine and squeezed it until it was spilling out of the paper and all over her hands, clothes, and the counter. Funny butter indeed. Sigh.
Josiah is doing well. He's still a big eater and a not-so-big sleeper. He is over the 80th percentile as far as his body measurements go, but he's not willing to give me more than four hours of consecutive sleep yet. On the bright side, he is starting to become a pretty jolly little guy. He was fairly fussy from about one month on, but he's pretty relaxed now that he can grab things and move around a bit. He is also constantly trying to eat his cousin whenever they lay down next to one another. Isaac has to make sure his little hands don't go anywhere near Josiah-the-Hut's mouth.
That's all for updates. Here are some pictures of the kids:


1 comment:

Mrs. Sara said...

You keep that blue whale you call your son away from my delicate little bean sprout.