Friday, August 22, 2008

Updates

I finally put up a pregnancy counter. I wanted to wait until the third trimester because seeing the number of days left as anything over 100 would probably make me crazy. Quick updates:

Lucie is hell on two chubby legs. She's very obviously entering the terrible twos. This week has been tantrum after tantrum. She spends a lot of time on the floor kicking and screaming, and I spend a lot of time flipping through magazines waiting for her to finish. Her tactile curiosity is also picking up. Yesterday she was holding a bag of cherry tomatoes on the way home from Gram Gram's house. I didn't notice that she was squishing the seeds and juice out of each tomato until after she had completed her mission. She smiled, said, "All done!", and handed me a bag of juice and pulp. Arg. She isn't all awful though; she is talking a lot more, and she says, "I love you" and "Please" which, accompanied with her dimples, can make even the coldest of hearts melt.
I'm planning my sister-in-law's baby shower, and it will be a classy event. No pink and blue hearts and teddy bears for this momma. She wants an Asian theme with red, black, and white as the color scheme to match her nursery. We're going to do Asian-inspired food, favors, and decor. I'll post pictures after the event.
I switched from a doctor to a midwife, and I get to deliver at St. Anthony's, also known as the Four Seasons of labor and delivery wards in Northwest Indiana. (Not really, but they do serve a special dinner for two after the baby is born.) I'm aiming for a drug-free water birth, and I'll be sure to post really uncomfortable photos, a la Arrested Development. ("There's a baby in my soup!") Just joking! Only family friendly fare on this blog!
Jason says that he's going to start posting on a weekly basis, so you can check out his blog to see whether or not he follows through.

That's all. I'll try to come up with a student story from the archives for next time.

No comments: