Tuesday, March 25, 2008

If you were a dinosaur, what kind would you be and why?

I would be a Pregosaurus Rex.

Because I'm full of baby again. I'm almost nine weeks along, and I have yet to see the OB, but I'd estimate that my due date is Nov 6th. Ish. I'm tired, pukey, and crabby, but I am excited. Jason is fervently praying for a boy, while I'm hoping for twins. (Twins don't run in my family; I'm just trying to find a way to one-up the seven other couples at church who are expecting in the fall.) Lucie doesn't quite seem to grasp the change that will be taking place, but she has a new baby doll, and we are encouraging her to hold it and rock it and not drop it on it's head. She is being very patient with me since I spend about 90% of my day on the couch moaning or in the bathroom heaving. Here's hoping that this time the morning sickness ends before the third trimester, because, let me tell you, poopy diapers and nausea do not happy bedfellows make. Lucie will never eat vegetable medley again.

Simulated picture of Lucie and her new sibling.

6 comments:

Mrs. Sara said...

Her new sibling is rather rigid and ethnic.

Mrs. Sara said...

P.S. I think when my baby tries to say your name it will sound like Ah-yee.

Ah-yee! Ah-yee! (during church)

Liz said...

Congrats! How fun is it that you and Sara will have kids so close in age and you get to be pregnant together! YEA!

Brian Glidewell said...

I like Lucie's Chris Gaines hairstyle there.

Also, is that an African-American doll? lol.

becky said...

Congratulations, Alli!!! That's fantastic news :) :)

And Lucie is looking mighty pretty these days!

Alli said...

Thanks, y'all. And, yes, the doll is ethnic. Kelly picked it out and she wanted the baby with ducks on the outfit. The blond, blue-eyed babies were wearing frogs, so she went for Baby Obama (My father's words- not mine) instead. Liz, you need to get knocked up too. Join us.... JOIN US!