Tuesday, February 12, 2008

He who hears music, feels his solitude peopled at once.

RINGTONES!!! Jason, Sara, Dan, and I received our new cell phones this weekend, and Sara and I proceeded to spend all of Saturday night creating ringtones from some of our favorite songs. Here are a few of my favorites:
"Goonies R Good Enough"- Cyndi Lauper
"Birdhouse in Your Soul"- They Might Be Giants
"New Soul"- Yael Naim
"All the Young Dudes"- Mott the Hoople
I have a slew of others as well, but they've all made other playlists, so I decided it would be redundant to list them here. I am so excited about my ringtones, I won't let my phone out of my sight (or hearing), lest I miss a call and fail to hear those sweet, sweet meoldies. I die a little inside when I have to turn my phone to silent at school.

Speaking of school, I have a new student story. We were reading about cancer and its causes, and the book listed the following:
-Occupational hazards
-Environmental factors
-Genetic make-up (heredity)
-Lifestyle
-Weakened immune system
After reading this section, a panic stricken young lady screeched, "But I use it all of the time!" while rubbing her face.
I was completely baffled. "Use what?"
"Y'know. The cheap stuff from Wal-Mart," she says while continuing to rub her face in a circular motion. "Am I going to get cancer?"
I was still baffled until I remembered that the face rubbing is the International Symbol for Cosmetics. "Oh, darling, do you mean GENERIC make-up?"
"Yeah!"
I laughed hysterically and then informed her that, as far as I know, cheap make-up is not a major carcinogen. She was relieved.

2 comments:

Mrs. Sara said...

Makeup is a lie, anyway.

And I'm a liar.

Liz said...

LOL! That's funny!