Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Family stuff

I can't figure out how to take that pregnancy counter thing off of my blog.  My apologies to my loyal readers.... reader.... Sara.  I'll keep working on it.

So taking care of two kids isn't too bad thus far.  I'd like a little more play time with Lucie and a lot more sleep, but I certainly am functional, and I don't feel super overwhelmed yet, even when the littluns are screaming in stereo.  Most of my crankiness is directed at my husband, who is pretty adept at deflecting the crazy and reminding me that it's just the fatigue talking.  Lucie loves the idea of a baby in the house, and she is sweet and fairly gentle around him.  However, I think she is a little bothered by the amount of time he gets to spend in my lap, so she has taken to more passive aggressive forms of communicating her frustration.  Like peeing in the bed... and in her car seat.... and in her high chair....  I'm trying out a new sticker potty chart system, and hopefully that will curb her sudden incontinence.  She also gets really really goofy in an attempt to get our attention.  Her grandma got her a little nativity set, and she has started pouring the wise men into her play tea cups and stirring them.  I tell myself that it is some expression of creativity and just let her go with it.  

Josiah is a piece of cake thus far.  He nurses well, is already on a fairly predictable wake/sleep schedule, and his crying is easily soothed.  He also hasn't required any additional testing or doctor visits, and, aside from his third nipple, seems to be a healthy, normal baby boy.  

Finally, my first nephew and future godson was born on Nov 20th.   Isaac David was 7 pounds, 14 oz, super pink, and ALMOST as adorable as my son.  :)  This holiday season will be particularly delightful, what with all of the baby snuggling to be done.  Here are some pictures that could possibly make your face melt from cuteness overload. 

Welcome, Isaac David Carter.  You are one handsome devil.
  
Momma Junglecat.  She growls like a tigress during labor and will rip less-than-gentle nurses apart with her jaguar claws. 

The newest Papa Carter.  He is so happy, I don't think his feet touch the ground anymore.

As Lucie would say, "TWO babies!"

And the grand finale: Two snuggle bugs.  Is your face still in solid form?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know that you have two loyal reader :) You just don't know I'm here usually! lol!

I love the pictures!!! They are going to be best friends!

Have a great turkey day!!!!

Annette

Mrs. Sara said...

*shovels face off the floor*

Dang!

Oh, please, please email me the pictures you took of Dan after Isaac was born. I love that goofy look on his face and had to miss it all since my uterus was outside my body at the time. :(

Liz said...

Hi Alli! Just thought I would let you know that I too stop by to check your blog periodically, though I don't always comment! :) I love all the pictures! How fun that the two cousins will be so close in age. They will have so much fun growing up together! I am glad Lucy is adjusting well. I sure hope my Isaac does as well. He is very excited about his sister right now anyway! At least I won't have to worry about incontinence issues since Isaac doesn't seem to interested in potty training! I am sure she will start doing better, I have heard that it is a fairly common issues for toddlers when siblings first arrive. By the way, I was definitely melted all over the floor by the end of your pictures! I am so happy for you guys and for Dan and Sara!

Liz said...

Um, now your counter says that you are 5 weeks pregnant! I don't think that is even physically possible! :) Yikes!