Wednesday, January 09, 2008

...let each new year find you a better man

It's been awhile, so I'll give an update in bullet form.

-Lucie is officially walking. We had some friends with kids over a week before Christmas, and Lucie watched the little ones running around and decided that she wanted to join in. The next day she was walking more than she was crawling. By Christmas crawling was a distant memory. There is nothing gradual about my baby. She started crawling, sitting up, and pulling to a stand all within the same week.

-You know that commercial where the office employee has nothing to do but says, "Worky-work! Busy bee!"? Well, my husband has taken to shouting "Busy bee!" around the house for no apparent reason other than to startle me. As a result I can proudly state that Lucie's vocabulary includes the words "Mama", "Dada", "Bathroom", "Up", "Zach", and "Busy bee". No joke.

-The movie Once is AMAZING! Jason rented it for us, and I fell in love with both the film and the soundtrack. I received both for Epiphany, and I have listened to the soundtrack no less than eleventy billion times. (We open presents on Epiphany instead of Christmas.) I plan on devoting an entire post to its brilliance. If you haven't seen it yet, go rent it so you can discuss it with me.

-Cake business is booming. Sort of. I've got a wedding this month and a party cake for next month. Both are paying orders. Whoo hoo!

-And here are some pictures of the behbeh:

Lucie likes cake.

I want to be Paris Hilton when I grow up! (Dog in purse courtesy of Mama C.)

4 comments:

becky said...

I love that Lucie says "Busy bee"!! That has got to be the cutest thing to hear. And no surprise your cake business is booming - it's impossible to tell that you're not a professional chef. I don't really even care for cake, but the photos make my mouth water every time. ...which made me feel a little strange when you posted the picture of Lucie's duckie cake.

Thanks for the wonderful comment on my blog - and of course I'd be honored if you linked to me! I'm still trying to figure out how to use Blogroll, and when (more realistically "if") I do, you'll be the first one I add.

Hope all is well - looking forward to your next post.

Mrs. Sara said...

BUSY BEE!

Mrs. Sara said...

Is it bad that I want a purse dog too?

Mrs. Sara said...

P.S. I don't WANT the new year to find me a better man. I think Dan's the best I could get!

;)