Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Frugal Traveler

INTRODUCTION

Ah. Kids are sleeping, cakes are baking, and I have some spare time to sift through pictures of our recent vacation to the east coast. Vacations are such an important part of American family life. They provide us with great anecdotes, and they seem to make up a large chunk of our childhood memories. Everyone's family does the vacation thing a little differently. Some can afford to fly to the destination, rent a car, stay in a nice hotel, eat out every night, and visit some local tourist attraction every day. Others simply pack a cooler and a tent and rough it pioneer-style. My husband likes to combine the two. He likes the civilized hotel-style vacation, but he doesn't like to pay for things. As a result, we employ a Four-Seasons-meets-caveman form of vacationing that I thought I would attempt to describe in a series of blog posts. Now, not all of the examples I give are entirely true, but everything is at least rooted in fact, and all of the stories are somehow inspired by mine and my husband's vacation experiences from childhood to present. I'll start with Part One: Accommodations later this week. In the meantime, check out my Facebook profile for vacay pics. Or check out the updated cake blog.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.