Saturday, November 24, 2007

...let us run with endurance the race that is set before us

My Thanksgiving
Race conditions: Sleet, snow, puddles, and headwind for the last 2 miles.
My time: One hour, four minutes. *Tear*
Place: Not last!!! (But pretty close to the back. Apparently most of the recreational joggers decided to skip this race.)
Race Mix Highlights:
"Back in Black"- ACDC
"Lemon"-U2,
"Billie Jean"- Michael Jackson,
"One Angry Dwarf and 200 Solemn Faces"- Ben Folds Five,
"Just What I Needed"-The Cars,
"Take Your Mama"-Scissor Sisters,
"Take on Me"-a-Ha,
"New York, New York"-Ryan Adams,
"Digee Dime"- Burlap to Cashmere,
and Erasure's "A Little Respect" as I was crossing the finish line.

Thanksgiving dinner tastes even more delicious after a long run. Mmmm, sweet potatoes. I hope everyone's holiday was fabulous and that you all found great deals on Black Friday. I know I did! I'm almost done Christmas shopping. Jealous?

Lucie sporting her couture Thanksgiving outfit created by Nana G.

Holiday aftermath. Little ones sleep like angels after all of the excitement.

6 comments:

Mrs. Sara said...

You, madam, are a better person than I.

I ran one time, and I almost died. Coughed up blood and my lung collapsed.

I've learned my lesson. I shall never try again.

The end.

Mrs. Sara said...

In other news, I only run if there's Dairy Queen on a stick being waved in front of me.

Jason said...

I coughed up blood the first time I ran in the cold. As far as I know, none of my lungs have collapsed though. Maybe we should start working out together. I'll run ahead of you waving a Dilly Bar, and we can cough up blood when we're finished.

Mrs. Sara said...

Hack, hack. I'm coughing up blood just THINKING about it.

Coughing up blood together... what a great bonding activity for SISTERS!

SIIIIIIIISTERRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSS!

Mrs. Sara said...

Oh, by the way, your baby has SARS.

Mrs. Sara said...

P.S. Tell your husband to put his nip away. If I have to see that nip one more time...